EFMR is a unique networking group comprised of the nation’s top environmental facilities managers. EFMR was formed to bring like-minded facility management professionals together for robust dialogue. This group provides opportunities for interactive, cross-company discussion, collaboration, and networking, where we benchmark performance, discuss challenges and emerging issues, and share knowledge and best practices.
The upcoming call series will focus on the daily challenges that facilities management professionals such as yourself face. Please check back for registration information for each month’s call or follow us on LinkedIn for updates.
- Legal Update – An overview of recent and upcoming environmental regulations and requirements with regional spotlights in major cities.
- Managing compliance issues with OSHA and EPA
- Pitfalls When Redeveloping Facilities
- Moisture Intrusion – Building Safety and Human Health
- General Resilience – Building resiliency studies (E in ESG)
May 25, 2023 Call:
The “S” in ESG: Key Principles, Best Practices, and Regulatory Framework
Although the Environmental Justice movement began in the 1970s, it has received a boost in momentum in recent years, particularly after the Biden Administration took office in 2021.
This discussion will describe the basics tenets of the environmental justice movement, how the EPA and other federal agencies are implementing new rules and regulations in support of overburdened and underserved communities, and how industry can respond if it is determined they operate in an area meeting environmental justice criteria.
- Gwen Keyes Fleming – DLA Piper
Click here to register and watch this recording.
August 25, 2022 Call:
Operational EHS – Managing moisture intrusion and asbestos
You will hear from industry leaders Galina Chadwick – Bank of America, Steve Colton – Wells Fargo, Kim Polite – Seagate Properties, Tia Wenrich – Macy’s, Jeff Goeden – Allstate, Charles Taylor – Partner ESI, and Ben Jelin – Partner ESI.
June 9, 2022 Call:
Environmental Pitfalls During Facilities Development
Facilities professionals must be ready to manage the inherent environmental pitfalls that come with managing facilities. During the June EFMR call, our speakers will provide their insights and expertise into proactively mitigating these risks and sharing their own experiences. Join us for a discussion on common environmental challenges encountered during development, including emerging contaminants, remediation strategies, and regulatory challenges.
- Larry Falbe, Miller Canfield
- Galina Chadwick, Bank of America
- Steve Colton, Wells Fargo
- David Lutz, Partner Engineering and Science, Inc.
- Geraldine Tan, JP Morgan Chase
Thursday, June 9th, 11 AM PT/2 PM ET
April 13, 2022 Call:
How do ESG policies impact facilities managers?
This call will be a dynamic discussion with guest speakers Galina Chadwick P.E., SVP, Environmental Manager Global Real Estate Services, Bank of America; Jeff Goeden, R.G., Corporate Environmental Manager, Allstate Insurance Company; John Epperson, Buchalter; Vanessa Flores Andersen, SFP, LEED Green Associate, Sustainability & Property Operations Manager, Ace Hardware Corporation; Dianne Phillips, Partner, Holland, and Knight LLP; and Tony Liou, President, Partner Energy.
- Investors and stakeholders and the SEC want ESG reporting, how do FMs support this process and what can they expect to be asked?
- Sustainability projects requiring capital improvement projects affect equipment upgrades and need to quantify savings
- Decarbonization improvements require data tracking and will affect day-to-day operations
- Legal Updates on local, state, and federal regulations
To view the recorded call, please click here.
March 23, 2020 Call:
As concern spreads regarding COVID-19, facility owners and operators across many industries can share guidance as to how to handle this unprecedented situation.
The EFMR group participated in a discussion and presentation from some of our members.
During this webinar we discussed:
- What questions EFMR is getting from the industry
- What are companies doing in response to COVID-19?
- What innovations or specialty techniques are you using for facility management/cleaning?
- What are the gaps or challenges in your process? And how are you addressing them?
Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH) from both Partner Engineering and Science, Inc. and Wood PLC will be on the call to share ideas, and best practices, and to help field questions.
*For our healthcare members, we will not focus in detail on your specific facilities, as we realize that they require an advanced discussion of unique circumstances.
To register and watch the recording: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5508482192570486541
October 8, 2019 Call:
The third Environmental Facilities Management Roundtable (EFMR) group discussion took place on Tuesday, October 8th.
This roundtable discussion titled What You Need to Know About Refrigerant Management – A Discussion of the Federal regulation 40 CFR Part 82, Subpart F, was the third call in a series of calls meant to be the first of many surrounding the unique environmental challenges that facilities management professionals face.
- We kicked the call off with a Members Forum, an opportunity for you to share issues that you are facing emergently. This was your opportunity to share your experiences and glean insights from professional peers.
Following the Members Forum, we heard from environmental compliance professionals about how Federal refrigerant regulations impact your business operations and why firms are considering going beyond compliance as part of their sustainability plans. The call was led by Galina Chadwick who led the discussion with the input from the many facilities management professionals on the call.
To watch the full call, please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2460800882869289729
May 29, 2019 Call:
This roundtable discussion, titled Organizational Structure: The Pros and Cons of In-house Versus Outsourced Organizational Management, is the second call in a series of calls meant to be the first of many surrounding the unique environmental challenges that facilities management professionals face.
Joe Sturza, JP Morgan Chase
Carl Westerdahl, JP Morgan Chase
Steven Colton, Wells Fargo
Brian Lawhead, Key Bank
February 6, 2019 Call:
We hosted the first Environmental Facilities Management Roundtable (EFMR) group discussion on Wednesday, February 6th.
The first call covered Federal Emergency Preparedness and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) and its applicability to commercial facilities. We shared information on how our member companies comply with Act’s requirements, including identifying listed chemicals, creating inventories and quantities, and reporting. Galina, Joe and Shannon led the discussion with the input from the many facilities management professionals on the call.
Galina Chadwick, Bank of America
Joe Sturza, JP Morgan Chase
Shannon Rose, Save A Lot